And I love them both.
My heart is destined to exist in two equal halves — one with each man. But one half beats stronger, the vein running deepest, and holds my choice in silence long before I know it for myself.
The realization of what I have to do, of the heart I have to break, just might break mine too.
Left or right.
All I have to do is take a breath and turn.
Purchase a Copy
Read my Book Review
Release Date: March 29, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars
This duet has taken me on an emotional roller coaster and I don't know how to get off! Wow. Who knew that a love triangle such as this one could be so gripping and intense!?! Kandi Steiner did a wonderful job at making one of the most hard limit romances into something readers will love. I seriously praise her for this feat because so many readers refuse to read these types of books.
With that, this is the second book in the What He Doesn't Know Duet and MUST be read in order. If you haven't read the books but are curious then you should know a few things about them.
1. There is a MAJOR love triangle going on. It's intense. You're going to want to rip out your own hair, throw your kindle or ipad out the window, and bit your nails to the core.
2. You WILL choose sides. Many readers don't want to have to do this as they prefer everything to be neat and tidy without all the angst and emotion. Sorry, you won't get any of that with this book and you WILL love one of the guys more than the other. I had a favorite and luckily for me and my heart, she ended up with him. I won't tell you who! Sorry :(
3. The amount of angst is OFF THE FREAKIN CHARTS. I can't remember reading a book so angsty like this on- EVER. It had me feeling all sorts of ways.
4. There IS CHEATING. This is a hard limit for many and that's okay. But, looking at the real world, this type of behavior UNFORTUNATELY exists. So, while I don't like or condone cheating, it is nice to see that fictional characters are not flawless like so many romances make them out to be.
5. This book/duet is EMOTIONAL. I wanted to cry so hard at some points- in fact, I wanted to cry more than I smiled! But again, this shows the flaws and the hardships that real humans face so it was sort of a breath of fresh air.
With all of this, I hope I don't turn any readers off because this IS a good book/series. I truly love that Kandi Steiner went in another direction for this romance and brought some originality to the genre. Sure, it's hard to read at some points, and the back and forth between the heroine and these two men is hard to watch, but the romance is good.
All in all, if you are a reader who can have an open mind when reading then I would recommend this book to you. I liked it- didn't love it because there was a little too much back and forth for me- and think many will feel the same. So if you chose to read it, then happy reading!
The Complete Duet
You can find all the latest book reviews I have posted on the blog! I read various genres depending on my mood so there is a little something for any reader. xox Elle xox