you should never use your kids to get laid, but whoever said that hadn’t gone five years without any. Or they’re lying to you.
Don’t go calling protective services on me. Everything I’m having them do is completely harmless. I mean, it’s totally okay to bribe your kids with cookies to slash her tires so she can’t leave. And it’s fine to have them steal the battery out of her car. Okay, I helped with that one. Hello, they can’t carry a car battery. They can’t even clean their room, or so they tell me.
Also, just so we’re clear on how far you can take it, it’s no big deal to have your three-year-old fake an injury to get alone time with her. I’m sure all single dad’s do that.
A little white lie never hurt anyone.
Until her lie finds her and I begin to question everything she’s told me about the night we met.
PURCHASE A COPY
READ MY BOOK REVIEW
My Rating: 3 stars
Genre Single Dad Romance | Romantic Comedy
Review Snapshot : While this book was problematic for me in a lot of ways, I did end up enjoying it (mainly because of the kids). I think the main characters were extremely immature and lackluster, but I laughed a lot, so I had to give it three stars.
This book was extremely hard for me to rate. I went back and forth between giving it 2 and 3 stars but finally ended up giving it 3 because the kids are absolutely hilarious. I laughed so much whenever they said something! Nevertheless, I had a lot of problems with this book so instead of writing up a neat review I’ll list the things that I liked about this book and what I didn’t. That way you can decide if this is the book for you or not.
𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞
● It’s funny! The girls stole the show in this book. If it weren’t for them, I would have stopped reading at 20 percent.
● The cover is absolutely gorgeous. It’s the reason why I downloaded it with kindle unlimited; the second I saw it I knew I needed to read it. I’m a cover lover and this is one of the prettiest covers I’ve seen!
● The IDEA of the book is great; girl trying to find herself, ends up finding everything she wants but doesn’t know it until she’s so far in love that she can’t see straight. Single dad not looking for love finds it in the most unexpected ways etc. The plot is good but the important stuff that makes the plot well rounded was severely lacking.
𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗜 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞
● The main characters were extremely immature. I get that Barron had his kids at a young age but the way he acted around them was aggravating. No mature father will drive around a ranch in the snow partially DRUNK with his two little girls in the car. No sane father would allow a woman he never met to essentially LIVE with him and his kids. And the way he spoke around them turned me off. I swear and I have no problem with swearing. However, there are words you don’t say around little kids (ages 3 and 5); bitch, the big C word, slut, and fuck. It really made me dislike him to be honest. Kacy was immature too, but it wasn’t as apparent as Barron. She’s only 21 so I guess it kind of makes sense but when it comes to being around little kids it becomes too much. Didn’t love her.
● The story had drama just for drama’s sake. The whole idea that she knew of him and never told him how could have added a little angst, but the author never made it feel like it. It was seemingly never a problem for Barron that she knowingly lied to him the entire time she was with him.
● It looked to me like Barron didn’t respect women. Saying wearing red lipstick made her appear “slutty” made me cringe. He also had no problem thinking about her puss the second he laid eyes on her even though his kids were right there. The author made it look like he disrespected them in his thoughts but when it came down to it he acted like a complete gentleman... It didn’t work for me.
In any event, this book is funny but certainly not one I would read again. As I mentioned, the only reason I even gave it 3 stars is because the kids stole the show. Sev is HILARIOUS and I wouldn’t mind reading more books about her in the future. Other than that, this book wasn’t really mu cup of tea.
𝗠𝗬 𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚: ⭐⭐⭐
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY THESE BOOKS